The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is an organ of the State created to compensate the injured or affected victims of road accidents.
When any person is injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligent driving of another person in South Africa, the injured person or dependents will be able to claim compensation.
An accident can happen at any time and could have devastating consequences to the lives of the persons who were injured or whose dependents were left behind.
As specialist attorneys in this field, Ehlers Attorneys may not be able to turn back time, but with years of experience, we will be able to ensure that fair compensation is paid by the Road Accident Fund.
Who can claim?
In order to claim against the Road Accident Fund, you will need to meet certain requirements:
- You can claim if you were a driver, passenger or a pedestrian who was seriously injured as a result of a motor vehicle or road accident
- You can also claim if you are a dependent of a person who passed away as a result of a motor vehicle or road accident
- A parent or a legal guardian can also lodge a claim against the Road Accident Fund on behalf of a child who has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle or road accident
What does the Road Accident Fund pay?
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings if you were/are unable to work as a result of the injuries you sustained
- Loss of support for the dependents of the person who passed away as a result of the negligent driving of another person
- Funeral expenses
Why claim with Ehlers Attorneys?
- Claiming from the Road Accident Fund is a complicated and technical process. Ehlers Attorneys specialises in personal injury claims. We have the knowledge and the experience to assist you and to ensure the most accurate and favourable settlement
- Ehlers Attorneys will negotiate on your behalf and will always act in your best interests
- At Ehlers Attorneys, we have successfully finalised several substantial claims, some up to R9 000 000.00
- Ehlers Attorneys works on a “no win, no fee” basis. No fee will be payable unless we succeed with your claim
- We take on cases for clients from all walks of life, anywhere in South Africa
- Using Ehlers Attorneys will alleviate some of the stress experienced during this difficult time
- We will act with the utmost compassion and professionalism, ensuring that clients are informed and involved
- Our dedicated team will provide you with all the advice and assistance you need during the process
To find out if you qualify for a claim, simply fill in our assessment form and one of our staff members will contact you within 24 hours.